Friday, April 6, 2012

Inspiring Thoughts and Prayers for the Day

        
 Excerpt from the "Book of Daily Thoughts and Prayers"
                               By Swami Paramananda

Salient Thought
Great things are near, but we must have certain unfoldment to be able to partake of them.

Lines to memorize
The resonance of They voice aroused me who was slumbering in idle dreams.  My waking was only for a a moment, But Thou hast wrought a strange miracle within my soul.
Now even in sleep I find something in me always awake and watching. That which Though hast roused in me can sleep no more.

Lesson
Nature holds for us a rich treasure. She has great lessons for us; but we must have spiritual vision to perceive what She offers.  We take layer after layer off and things unfold themselves; this is the real secret of revelation. When it comes, man realizes he has a mighty spiritual heritage, that he has the power of Divinity within him. But no one can force this realization on us, we must acquire it ourselves.

Prayer

O Thou who dwellest in my heart!
Help me to withdraw my mind from all
     Mundane glamour
And make it so clear and calm,
That is will reflect the Spirit of Truth.
Awaken me from the sleep of ignorance
    and delusion,
And grant me understanding of my divine
    nature.
.













2 comments:

  1. Are you studying Yogananda's lessons? They are definitely worth a look :-) Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading a beautiful book of Yogananda's on developing strength of mind. So much to learn,so little time.

    ReplyDelete